Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Potty and Gardening fun...


This is what happens when you ask Kate if she would like to sit on the potty.
















I know, not super sanitary. However, I took a picture and made a big deal of froggy sitting on the potty which led to.......






THIS!











Whatever works, right! :)

(I added that cute, appropriately-placed planet sticker from the Microsoft Paint program)

Anyway, back to gardening. Yesterday, Jackie and I worked in the yard. In the front yard, the irises were drooping so we tried to prop them up with some stakes. The irises are so tall and the flowers are so big the stalks end up essentially leaning over to the ground.

We watered the butterfly garden. The black-eyed susans and cone flowers are doing well. We watered the tomato and cucumber starts. I fear we may have lost one tomato start, but we watered the area anyway just in case. We also planted four sunflower seeds. I am trying to grow thyme and sweet basil in my hanging baskets. The thyme package said 'Guaranteed to Grow'. We'll see! If the thyme grows, I plan on making delicious chicken pancakes.

Jackie wants to plant carrots. I'm not sure where we could plant them. I'm thinking maybe we could move the hostas along side the garage to the front of the house, and then add soil to make a raised bed. If we do that, I have some radish seeds to plant, too.

Finally, we hung a bird feeder from the peach tree by our fence. We'll see what kind of birds (critters) we get.

I hope everyone has a great day.

1 comment:

  1. What cute pictures. And at least she;s on the potty seat. Next time, maybe she'll do more than sit.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete