Thursday, January 21, 2010


From freespiritknits.blogspot.com:

making space for what matters most


You know you have a clutter issue when you are blogging about clutter. This image is actually also my first attempt to add a button to my sidebar - it worked!

Are you drowning in paper/stuff/toys/paper/paper/paper like our family? No? It's just me? Okay, well, my name is Kari and I have a clutter/organization issue. It has contributed to the CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) of our house for too long (credit FlyLady for that acronym - yes, it's sad I know about FlyLady). Anyway, I'm challenging myself to reduce the clutter in my house so I can create space for what matters most. I will gather one bag a night to put in the car for Goodwill (have you seen my basement? No, of course not, and this is why!) If I do not do that, I will pick one drawer, one stack, one cupboard (you get the point) a night. If I ever get to the point that I've tackled every pile, corner, nook and cranny, then I will start over.

Here's Day 1 of the COAT challenge (Come Over Any Time):

Scrub scrub scrubbed my stove.
Is that clutter? Don't know, but the kicker was when my sister (Hi Megs) thought I had dark burners. Nope, they're light grey, just like yours. Ew, I know. Anyway, they're light grey again and wow are they pretty. Looks so much better, and then I moved onto the microwave. I would have taken a picture of my stove to post here but then you'd think man does she have too much time on her hands.





No comments:

Post a Comment