Monday, January 18, 2010

You not touch my band-aid


Many tears from the little one today.

She got her second boosters of both the H1N1 and seasonal flu vaccines.  Many, many tears and concerns about people touching her band-aid.

Didn't want Dave to dress her for school after because she thought he might take off the band-aid. 

Didn't want to take a bath tonight because she thought I might take off her band-aid, or that the band-aid might inadvertently fall off in the water. 

The whole time I was washing her it was, "Don't get soap on my band-aid", "You not touch my band-aid", "You not get water on my band-aid" to which I responded, "I won't get soap on your band-aid", "I'm not touching your band-aid", "I'm not even looking at your band-aid", "What band-aid? Do you have a band-aid?"

Oy.


[Dora, enjoying Grandma-made mattress and quilt]

At least some of us are sleeping well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment